Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Psalms Book III


Psalms Book III

Summary: The third book of Psalms is filled with more struggles of the heart. The journey seems to through it see to be a lull in the melody of the book. Reading through Psalms there seems to be a over arching song whose notes are hidden through each entry; this the third of five books. This Covers from Psalm seventy-three through eighty-nine.

Things I Noticed:

1. Truly God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart.
2. Your is the day, yours also the night
3. When the waters saw you, O God, when the waters saw you, they were afraid; indeed, the deep tremble.
4. I will open my mouth in a parable, I will utter dark sayings from of old, things that we have heard and known, that our fathers have told us. (If we forget our past we are doom to repeat the future)
5. A company of destroying angels (There are those who job is destruction.)
6. For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than dwell in the tents of the wickedness. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!
7. Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne

Been awhile again I know the rhythm of life changes with marriage, but we will find a new pace together. The complexity of the book is a symphony all itself. While I continue to listen through its crescendos and lulls I will call upon our dear Dr. Luke to show me his collection of Jesus' life. So be on the look out for my next post. Till then, Read up, Post up, and Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment