Sunday, March 17, 2013

John

Book Of John

Summary: John the disciple Christ loved or so John likes to refer to himself as. As Christianity grew because of the disciples and Paul other factions and beliefs became and issue. One of these factions was called Gnosticism a belief that Jesus left behind secret knowledge that gave us power and that it was only meant for the chosen. John being a disciple wrote his Gospels to not only combat this horrendous heresy but to grab on to the greek believers who had an understand and a desire to find the truth. It is what John refer at the beginning to the Logos (or Truth) and that Jesus who is the logos has been around since before creation. John wrote and interesting book and made reference the Jesus might leave him around till he returns. It is an interesting thought since the Romans tried to boil him in a vat of oil only to have him survive with great skin and a rejuvenated out look on preaching the gospel.

Things I Noticed:

1. The wind blows where it wishes. and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit. (The cry of every gypsy Christian.)
2. This is the judgment; the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil.
3. Whoever receives his testimony sets his seal to this, that God is true.
4. You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me.
5. If you believed in Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me.
6. Then they were glad to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land to which they where going. (Teleportation write here done by Jesus.)
7. No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him.
8. The one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.
9. I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in.
10. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.
11. I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?
12. I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.
13. Truly, truly, I say to you , a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.
14. Then after he had taken the morsel, Satan entered into him
15. A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciple, if you have loved one another.
16. I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
17. Because I live you will live also.
18. You will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
19. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you.
20. I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater then I.
21. For apart from me you can do nothing.
22. This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has not one that this, that someone lays down his life for his friends.
23. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
24. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but because you are not of the world , but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
25. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment.
26. It was Caiaphas who had advised the Jews that it would be expedient that one man should die for the people.
27. If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow me!


Life has been something else I return to travel with Luke and as we walk with the disciples after Jesus accession. Still we talk of older scriptures Luke and I. We discuss Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as I journey with Dr. Luke and see the Acts of the body with my own eyes. Till then, Read up, Post up, and Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment