Monday, April 29, 2013

Exodus

Book Of Exodus

Summary: The burden of Egypt was heavy on their shoulder. Almost four hundred years of slavery and   abuse while crying out. Then it happened God moved and Moses was born. From their the book of Exodus becomes a great read: a murder happens, then a meeting between man and God, then a battle between God's representative and magicians, an ocean parting with dry land under foot, an army defeated drowned, a people going free and the plans for a tabernacle.  

Things I Noticed:

1. I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue. (Moses was both the greatest public speaker.)
2. Then the Lord said to Moses "Who had made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind. Is it not I, Lord?
3. Then you shall say to Pharaoh, "Thus says the Lord, Israel is my first born son, and I say to you, "Let my son go that he may serve me." If you refuse to let him go, behold, I will kill your first born son.'"
4. Now Moses was eighty years old, and Aaron was eighty-three years old, when they spoke to Pharaoh.
5. The Pharaoh summoned the wise men and the sorcerers, and they, the magicians of Egypt, also did the same by their secret arts.
6. The magicians tried by their secret arts to produce gnats, but could not. (The scientist of their time failed but also believed in a higher power.)
7. Then the magicians said to Pharaoh "This is the finger of God."
8. So Moses stretched out his hand toward heaven, and there was pitch darkness in all the land of Egypt three days. (No Starlight how would science explain it?)
9. I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast.
10. The people of Israel lived in Egypt 430 years.
11. Moses took the bones of Joseph with him.
12. The people of the sea went into the midst of the sea on dry ground.
13. When the dew of the land had gone up, there was on the face of the wilderness a fine, flake-like thing, fine as frost on on the ground. (Almost like flour? Or potato buds?)
14. Visiting the inequity of the Fathers to the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
15. And you shall not go up by steps to my altar, that your nakedness be not exposed on it.
16. Whoever strikes his father or his mother shall be put to death.
17. Whoever curses his father or his mother shall be put to death.
18. You shall not permit a sorceress to live.
19. You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people.
20. Behold, I send an angel before you to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. Pay careful attention to him and obey his voice; do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgression, for my name is in him.
21. Behold the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you in accordance with all these words.
22. They beheld God, ate and drank
23. From every man whose heart moves him you shall receive the contribution.
24. In the breastpiece of judgment you shall put Urim and the Thummin.
25. You shall make for them linen undergarments to cover their naked flesh. They shall reach from hips to the thighs. (God created underwear.)
26. I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with ability and intelligence, with knowledge and all craftsmanship.
27. Let anyone who have gold take it off. So they gave it to me, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf. (The Gold turned into a idol without a mold or coating a statue.)
28. Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. (What so awesome.)
29. You shall tear down their altars and break their pillars and cut down their Asherim (for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.)
30. Every craftsman in whom The Lord has put the skill and intelligence to know how to do any work in the construction.


I have been laid over in Corinth recouping from not being well. While here I have been I have been convinced by the brethren to read into Leviticus. Timothy been by my side talk to me of the letter Paul wrote encouraging my recovery. Life is a wondrous journey which God teaches me so much through his other children and his word. Now to go spend some time with God before more rest. Until
next time. Till then, Read up, Post up, and Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment