Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Brief Break ...

"For me, reason is the natural organ of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning. Imagination, producing new metaphors or revivifying old, is not the cause of truth, but its condition." C.S. Lewis


The Traveler's Gift was recommended to me by a co-worker. What caught my attention was a scene described to me about a warehouse that held all the things given up on. This concept drove me to find a copy of this book. Something about a such a place drew me to want to read this book. The ideal and concept of never giving up on my dreams has always been a part of my character and has been nourished in me since I was young and encouraged by great teachers in my life.


The Traveler's Gift is a real treat. A travel through time to learn lessons that will ultimately build into truth that we should have all learned at a young age. This book by Andy Andrews involves a man by the name of David Ponder who is at a cross roads in life. Faced with hard times with finances, family and career David feels as though life is out of his control. Through a series of events he ends up traveling through time meeting people of importance all who have something to teach him. It is by following Mr. Ponders. journey that we ourselves are enriched. 


I do not want to ruin this great adventure that awaits you. Take a read and let me know your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment