Saturday, February 25, 2012

Book of Hosea

Hosea

Summary: The Book of Hosea was written during a time of great of disobedience of Israel. Hosea is called to marry a whore, name his children prophetically base on the Lord's views of his people. It is a harsh message to Ephraim, Israel and Judah as the Lord calls for repentance and tells of their coming punishment.  

Things I Noticed:

1.  Jehu would be punished for the blood of Jezreel.  
2. The Lord brings those he loves who are in sin back.
3. My people are destroyed for lack of Knowledge
4. because you have rejected Knowldege, I reject you from being my priest to me. 
5. and a people without understanding shall come to ruin.
6. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will raise up, that we may live before him. (Hosea 6:2)
7. For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.  
8. They made kings, but not through me. They set up princess, but knew it not. (reminds me of our government)
9. For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.
10. By the help of God, hold fast to love and justice, and wait continually for God.
11. The East wind , the wind of the Lord shall come. (I thought God's wind was a westerly boy was I wrong.)

Well, that's my take on what I just finished reading. I am still continuing my journey through Matthew the tax collector till Jesus called him friend while also traipsing through Joel. Till then, Read up, Post up, and Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment