Thursday, June 13, 2013

Galatians

Galatians

Summary: In the highlands of Asia Minor sat the descendants of the Celts in the Roman Empire. It was in these lands Paul planted on of his first churches early on his apostolic journey. This letter to the was to address the issue of force Jewish law on gentile converts. (Refer to Acts 11-12&15.) Filled with sound reason and an understanding of faith this letter hold a stern correction but a stark reason. Take a look at what I saw:

Things I Noticed:

1. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be the glory forever and ever, Amen.

2. If I were still trying please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. 
3. For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through revelation of Christ.
4. Remember the poor
5. For if I rebuild what I tore down, I prove myself a transgressor.
6. For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God.
7. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. 
8. Now it is evident that no one is justified  before God by the law, for "The righteous shall live by faith."
9. With a man-made covenant, no one annuals it or adds to it once it has been ratified. (This is so not true anymore.)
10. For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God through faith. 
11. There is neither Jew nor Greek, neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 
12. If you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring.
13. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.
14. For through the the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly await for hope of righteousness. 
15. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by on another. (How often does the occur to the wounded or fallen amongst us)
16. Walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh. 
17. Works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy,drunkenness, orgies, and things like these.
18. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
19. Brothers, if anyone is caught in spiritual transgression, you should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. (That is to say don't ostracize, ban, attack or ignore those who fall but restore.)
20. Keep watch on yourselves. Least you be tempted.
21. Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. (Burdens, bills, hardship helping one another should come naturally.)
22. Let each one test his own work.(let the wise have God test it also.)
23. God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. 
24. Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
25. But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.
26. For I bear on my body the marks of Jesus. (Is Paul talking of Stigmata or the scars from his many trials have brought.)



Passing through Galatia I head by myself to Ephesus. There is a hope in my step as I know the city is filled with magic and intrigue. That men spiritual warfare and faith. As I travel on I enjoy s strong cup of tea as continue my study of numbers. I will arrive soon. Till then, Read up, Post up, and Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment