Monday, June 3, 2013

Leviticus


Leviticus

Summary: The tabernacles has been made and the Priest have been consecrated. So what is the priest job description? How shall we cover our sins? What is an abomination to God?  Leviticus fills in all of the gaps. In the desert, with an ark, tabernacle, ten commandments and the a promise of taking the promised land this is some of laws that separated the Hebrew people from those who had found ill-repute with the Lord.

Things I Noticed:

1. You shall burn no leaven nor any honey as a food offering to the Lord.

2. With all your offerings you shall offer salt.
3. You eat neither fat nor blood.
4. If anyone utters with his lips a rash oath to do evil or to do good, any sort of rash oath that people swear, and it is hidden from him, when he comes to know it , and he realizes his guilt in any of these.
5. Fire shall be kept burning on the altar continually; it shall not go out. 
6. It is tainted, and he who eats of it shall bear his iniquity
7. Then Moses took the anointing oil and anointed the tabernacle and all that was in it, and consecrated.
8. The glory of the Lord appeared to all the people. And fire came out from before the Lord and consumed the burnt offering. 
9. Among those who are near me I will be sanctified, and before all people I will be glorified.
10. You are to distinguish between the holy and the common, and between the unclean and clean. 
11. For I am the Lord your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy. 
12. That it may be sent away into the wilderness to Azazel.
13. So they shall no more sacrifice their sacrifices to goat demons, after whom they whore.
14. For the life of the flesh is in the blood.
15. For the life of every creature is its blood: its blood is life.
16. You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. And you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is perversion. 
17. So keep my charge never to practice any of these abominable customs that were practice before you, and never to make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God. 
18. You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God is holy.
19. You shall not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block before the blind, but you shall fear your God: I am the Lord.
20. You shall love your neighbor as your self; I am the Lord
21. You shall not interpret omens or tell fortunes. 
22. You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves. I am the Lord. 
23. Do not turn to mediums or wizard's; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them. 
24. You shall treat the strangers who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord you God.  
25. If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. (Yes God sees it as an abomination.)
26. A man or a woman who is a medium or wizard shall surely be put to death.
27. He shall not go into a dead body (No necrophilia.
28. The land shall not be sold in perpetuity for the land is mine.
29. I will break the pride of your power, and I will make your heavens like iron and your earth like bronze.

Corinth is a nice place but I am ready to move on, but God wants me to stay for a bit longer. While I am here I decided to read Numbers. Till then I am working on patients and studying God's creation around me. Till then, Read up, Post up, and Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment