Thursday, May 10, 2012

Job


Job

Summary: This book begins like a bad joke. It goes something like this. Satan walks into God's living room. God turns to him and ask he where you been. In which Satan is his foul tone responds wandering from here to there. God smile and asks him hey you heard about my Job on your little journey. Of course he did and his love and dedication to God irk Satan something else. He smile mischievously and says sure I have but you know it think its all fluff God he is only that way because you are protecting and blessing him. God smiles back and say really I let just see. Go ahead and have at him but chill on certain things. So this goes on quite a few times. Meanwhile back in Jobs life he is enjoying another beautiful day not knowing what will be coming will radically change him and his life forever cause of this heavenly discussion. First his possessions, second his servants, third his children and lastly his health. People around him watch in horror as this once pillar of the community is crush by calamity. His friends come and sit with out speaking for seven days which was the smartest thing they did. Still when words are finally spoken Job's so called friends lay into him saying it must have been something he had done. Job moves to defend himself till the youngest among the Elihu chastises all of them for foolishness. What happens next is Job is visited by God in a whirlwind. Where Job is questioned after account are settled things get restored but it was a rough road that people can always relate to in times of trouble or after calamity has fallen. 

Things I Noticed:

1. Naked I came and naked I go.
2. Sons of God...
3. Shall we receive good from good, and shall we not receive evil?
4. And for seven days and seven night they shut there mouths and said nothing to Job cause his life sucked.
5. Rouse the Leviathan.
6. For the thing that I fear comes upon me, what I dread befalls me. 
7. But now it has come to you and you are impatient; it touches you, and you are dismayed. Is not your fear of God your confidence, and the integrity of your ways your hope?
8. A spirit glided past my face; the hair on my flesh stood up. It stood still, but I could not discern its appearance. (And interesting observation)
9. Man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upward.
10. He saves the needy from the sword of their mouth. (Revelation talk about the sword in Jesus mouth.)
11. For he wounds, but he binds up; he shatters, but his hands heal.
12. For the arrows of the Almighty are in me; my spirit drinks their poison; the terrors of God are arrayed against me. 
13. He who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty.
14. Remember that my life is breath
15. What is man, that you make so much of him, and that you set your heart on him, visit him every morning and test hime every moment. 
16. If one wished to contend with him, one could not answer him once in a thousand times. 
17. Great things beyond searching out, and marvelous things beyond number. Behold, he passes by me,  and I see him not; he moves on, but I do not perceive him. 
18. He destroys both the blameless and the wicked. 
19. You clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews. You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my spirit.
20. And you will feel secure, because there is hope; you will look around and take your rest in security.
21. Wisdom is with the aged and understanding in length of days. 
22. Though he slay me, I will hope in him; yet I will argue my ways to his face. This will be my salvation, that the godless shall not come before him. Keep listening to my words, and let my declaration be in your ears. 
23. Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean?
24. Till the heavens are no more he will not awake or be roused out of his sleep. (Talking about a dead man)
25. Even now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and he who testifies for me is on high.
26. Yet the righteous holds to his way, and he who has clean hands grows stronger and stronger.
27. The first born of death consumes his limbs. (Who is the first born of death?)
28. For I know the my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. 
29.  Because he knows no contentment in his belly, he will not let anything in which he delights escape him. (Sounds like our culture. Since we find no happiness in things and prestige we continue to grab for more of it still never being satisfied.)
30. How then will you comfort me with empty nothings?
31. Is it for your fear of him that he reproves you. ( Refer to number 6 on this list)
32. The Almighty will be your Gold and your precious silver. 
33. But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.
34. By his power he stilled the sea. (Sound like something Jesus did.)
35. How small a whisper do we hear on him!
36. The innocent will divide the silver. 
37. The price of wisdom is above pearls. (Don't cast it before swine.)
38. Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to turn away from evil understanding.
39. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; my justice was like a robe and a turban.
40. God has loosed my cord and humbled me.
41. I have made a covent with my eyes; how then could I gaze at the scantly clad ladies in Hollywood 
( I modified this one)
42. For God speaks in one way, and in two, though man does not perceive it. In dreams, in vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on men, while they slumber on their beds, then he opens the ears of men and terrifies them with warnings that he may turn a man aside from his deed and conceal pride from a man. (God has an emergency broadcast system when your about to mess up)
43. He restores to man his righteousness. 
44. If God decide to remove his spirit ( you know that who God breathed in to man thing in Genesis) all flesh would perish and man would be dust.
45. Behold, God is mighty, and does not despise any; he is mighty in strength of understanding. 
46. He does not withdraw his eyes from the righteous. ( Those who are following Christ in truth, love and crucifying themselves daily are made righteous through Christ. Ponder that...)
47. The Almighty is great in power; justice and abundant righteousness he will not violate.
48. When the morning stars where made the Angels Shouted for Joy.
49. Behemoth ( Sounds like a Dinosaur)
50. Leviathan (Sounds like a Japanese water dragon that breathed fire. For more on dragons grab the apocrypha and read Bel and the Dragon. You won't regret it.)
51. Chapter forty-one describes the Leviathan in detail from back like a row of shields, its strength and spitting fire.
52. JOB lived to be 140. 

My journey is still in the works with Jude who always reminds me of Beatles music by the same. I will also be enjoying tea along the way in the book of Esther because its meant for such a time as this. Till then, Read up, Post up, and Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment