Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ruth


Ruth

Summary:  The country has gone desolate so you pick up your bags and move to a better land with your  sons. There for a time you settle and life is good your sons marry and your successful. Just as time and life seem at its best tragedy hits, taking your heart, the color from your world and forever changing things. Naomi lost her husband and then her sons. When her life seemed as desolate as the land she was decided to return home. She sent her daughter-in-laws away back to there families in hopes they could start over. Still as everything had gone out of Naomi's life, Ruth decidedly did not. This is a story about sticking together through adversity and God honoring that with redemption.   

Things I Noticed:

1. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God.
2. The man is a close relative of ours, one of our redeemers.
3. Then go and uncover his feet and lie down, and he will tell you what to do.
4. May the Lord make the woman, who sis coming into your house, like Rachel and Leah, who together built up the house of Israel.
5. So Boaz took Ruth, and she became his wife. And he went into her, and the Lord gave her conception, and she bore a son. (Yep the whole act in the Bible described.)
6. They named his Obed. He was the father of Jesse, the father of David. 

 Titus is up next and I do not mean the comedian. My journey with him will help me as I read through Lamentations a book of regret and grief, emotion usually ignored in Christian society today. Still to get a better understanding of my self and my savior I have to reevaluate these emotion and ideas found in this book. Till then, Read up, Post up, and Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment